As a Senior React Engineer you will be responsible for creating graphically intensive user interfaces as well as engaging out of the box thinking to create new techniques to visualize data. Using bleeding edge technology, the ideal candidate will take ownership for the design, development and implementation of new applications that turn massive real-time datasets from the world's top financial markets into something beautiful and intuitive.
- Code the most complex pieces of the application. Whether it’s a dynamic visualization, a tricky 3rd party integration, or a crazy animation sequence, you’re up for the challenge and you’ll take pride in the finished product.
- Test your code, and help ensure that the right code is being tested across your project. You also help make sure that integration tests are running, and that everyone on the team tests before they push code (either manually or as part of a pre-commit hook).
- Model the behavior and practices that you want to see in the organization. Want to follow TDD? Do it, and demonstrate the results to your team and clients. Itching to adopt a new tool or framework? Try it out and show the value.
- Estimate or point your own work, and be able to sanity check estimations from more junior developers to make sure that they’re setting themselves up for success
- Share your learnings and experiences with your team, your local community, and company globally through Lunch and Learns, knowledge sharing webinars, and blog posts.
- Familiarity with concepts related to data flow and component driven architectures (with strong practical experience based on ReactJS )
- Experience using CSS grids and building responsive websites with scalability in mind
- Experience leading small teams and mentoring junior developers
- Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues and how they relate to development
- Awareness of TCP/IP networking considerations, ability to optimize applications for a variety of device capabilities and network conditions
- Solid understanding of browser rendering, and ability to fine-tune an experience
- Ability to cut necessary visual assets from PhotoShop and/or Sketch files, and optimize them appropriately
- Experience working with large branded websites, content management systems, E-commerce platforms, and backend frameworks (Java, .NET) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in interactive development or computer science is a plus