Senior Market Data Engineer
As a Senior Market Data Engineer, you love participating in technical discussions, solving problems, helping others grow as developers, making systems blazing fast, digging into data, advocating for a technical vision, and learning new technologies. You will not only meet, but also elevate the technical bar for our software team.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building market data and distribution systems, specifically for stock and option market data feeds and high-throughput, low latency systems.
- Participating in technical discussions and set technical vision on projects.
- Working effectively in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Building high quality, maintainable, readable code.
- Thinking on your feet to support mission-critical production systems.
- Getting the answers you need to solve a problem from Google, finding the right person to ask, or digging deep technically
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Learning new languages and technologies while continuously evolving your skill set.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with C++
- Good knowledge of data structures
- Strong experience and knowledge of network programming required - TCP, UDP, and multicast, and other protocols
- Experience with Linux
- Strong experience and knowledge of systems programming
- Experience building robust, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with Go, Java, or Python preferred
- Experience working with distributed systems strongly preferred
- Experience with low-latency and high-throughput market data systems strongly preferred
- Experience with financial markets and stock and option exchange feeds strongly preferred
- Experience with binary and FIX connectivity protocols strongly preferred