Senior .NET Software Engineer
Job Description: Software Engineer
Client is seeking to hire an outstanding software development engineer to work on developing cutting-edge software applications and user interfaces. As part of the software development team, the successful candidate will be focused on designing and developing software solutions to maintain client's leading market position in the automotive industry. The candidate must possess an exceptional level of C# development skills and have an excellent understanding of object-oriented design and development. Candidates must also be capable of deploying these skills for Windows Applications (on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 etc.), Web and internal software tools development.
This position requires an excellent team player with great communication skills who demonstrates a passion for delivering software of uncompromising quality to customers. The candidate will frequently be required to work on a cross-functional level in partnership with other sites across the globe.
Essential Skills Required
· Successful Track Record as Team Player
· Excellent written and verbal communication in the English Language
· Exceptional C# skills developing applications in a Microsoft Windows environment using Visual Studio
· Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / other Science, or equivalent
· Experience in designing and building great user interfaces and user experiences
· Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design principles
· 8-10 years of software development experience, with a substantial part of this using C# as the development language
· Proven knowledge of the software development lifecycle while committing to or adopting Agile/Scrum methodologies and fully contribute to Team commitments
· Self-Motivated and Self-Organizing, results oriented with the ability to deliver the highest-quality software using industry best-practice methodologies
· The following skills are not essential, but desirable:
· Html 5, WPF & Windows 10 development
· An understanding of and ability to apply standard Design Patterns
· Experience using ASP.NET / Silverlight or other contemporary web-programming technologies
· Knowledge of a broad-range of programming skills and technologies, including other development languages, tools and libraries
· C++ experience on Windows Platforms
· Database design and web service development and deployment.
· Successful Candidates Roles and Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
· Development of Windows software using Visual Studio in C#
· Analysis and Design of new developments using industry best-practices and object-oriented design skills.
· Interact with other software development Teams both in Lincolnshire and at Snap-on Diagnostics’ other facilities.
· Work with software quality assurance professionals to ensure the highest standards of software development, both in software artifacts and in software development processes.
· Participation in design and code reviews and other peer-based software development activities.