Senior Net work Engineer
Location : Lemont, IL
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
IT Support and Services to be made available shall include, but are not limited to:
- WAN/LAN monitoring, i.e Labwide SolarWinds management software, and troubleshooting in conjunction with ANL staff
- LAN hardware/software monitoring and troubleshooting
- Review system documentation and update as necessary.
- Provide end user support and training as required, assist staff with using hardware and software efficiently.
- Configuration of workstations, Servers and Network equipment.
- Routine System Administrator functions such as performing backups of network servers and end-user’s workstations, performing restores if necessary, ensuring that software patches are up to date on servers and workstations, adding and deleting new network/mail users, ensuring that virus protection software is up-to-date on servers, workstation and guest machines, and cleaning any viruses that infect staff computers.
- Troubleshooting any routine and complex workstation problems.
- Assisting with videoconferencing and computer projection equipment.
- Tracking excessed computer equipment and peripherals.
- Support centralized network user printing and fax services
- Supervision of external contractor IT network and computer related customer support services.
- Coordination between DC and the main lab.
- Liaison with main lab on cyber security issues including viruses, malware and phishing attacks.
Required Qualifications :