Senior Product Marketing Manager - IOT
Senior Product Marketing Manager – IOT
Our client is the global leader in cloud-delivered and LTE-enabled networks solutions for connecting people, places and things. The company provides its customers with the pathway from 4G LTE to game-changing technologies like Gigabit LTE and 5G, and it is positioned at the intersection of Enterprise SD-WAN, IoT/M2M and Security markets.
Our client is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to be responsible for market positioning, messaging, materials, and initiatives for the company's Internet of Things (IOT) market. This market includes cellular connectivity for smart cities, M2M and kiosks, secure network overlays for connecting IOT devices to the cloud, edge computing, and data analytics tools.
Craft and curate solution’s unique positioning
- Through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data, gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas.
- Work with company’s competitive team to clearly understand the advantages and disadvantages of products versus the competition.
- Analyze and define the key target segments for company solutions in the IOT market and develop differentiated messaging for those segments.
- Create addressable market, revenue, and market share estimates for company solutions.
- Market segmentation and sizing.
- Needs to be responsible for enabling revenue contribution and achieving market share objectives for swim lane.
Create compelling marketing stories, messages and materials
- Collaborate with product management to develop product positioning and messaging throughout the lifecycle of products and solutions for the key market segments.
- Work with the marketing team to create compelling web, social, and collateral-based marketing material to drive demand for IOT solutions, including: case studies, videos, website copy, white papers, surveys, blog posts, etc.
Champion the message
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products for the company's IOT solutions, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Provide content and ideas to help others in the company to also become thought leaders.
- Speak and present about IOT solutions to both external and internal audiences.
Drive demand for the solutions
- Develop the content for training materials and tools for the sales and channel enablement teams to use with the inside, field, and channel sales teams.
- Work with the lead generation team to implement campaigns that consistently generate new, high quality leads for the sales force.
- Where needed, develop and execute marketing programs to increase demand and attention for company solutions in the IOT market. Assess effectiveness and develop changes to improve effectiveness.
- Really want the PMM to help create annual plan forecasts, drive strategies to attain those forecasts, and be responsible for market share.
- Drive the building of a solution ecosystem with third-party solutions.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant product management or product marketing experience in enterprise networking, IP-based routing and switching, network security, and management. At least 2 years in a product marketing role.
- Additional experience in 4G LTE and SDN/SD-WAN is highly desired.
- Proven leadership of product initiatives from conception through implementation.
- Possesses strategic and critical thinking, analytical reasoning and thought-leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills – including the ability to deliver persuasive presentations to executives, partners and customers.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree required, master’s degree is a plus.
- Prior experience with IOT deployments and IOT platforms is a plus
Must have the ability to:
- Work with teams across your organization including sales and marketing, product management, marketing, press and PR, and senior executives.
- Write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
- Create succinct, well-structured, and visually appealing presentations for sales and other external audiences.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization and present effectively to all internal audiences.
- Research insights into customer needs and experiences through analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews.
- Translate business goals and strategies into market execution plans
- 5+ years of product marketing experience utilizing the skills listed above.
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player.
- 5+ years’ experience in the transportation or first responder marketplace.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office and Teams.
- Comfortable learning and using collaboration and CRM tools such as Salesforce.
- User of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Excellent time management and project prioritization skills.