Senior Product Marketing Manager - Mobile & Transportation
Senior Product Marketing Manager – Mobile & Transportation
Our client is the global leader in cloud-delivered and LTE-enabled networks solutions for connecting people, places and things. The company provides its customers with the pathway from 4G LTE to game-changing technologies like Gigabit LTE and 5G, and it is positioned at the intersection of Enterprise SD-WAN, IoT/M2M and Security markets.
Our client is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to be responsible for market positioning, messaging, materials, and initiatives for the wireless network market with a focus on the transportation market. This market includes in-vehicle networks for first responders, mass transit, and mobile customer delivery.
Craft and curate solution’s unique positioning
- Through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data, gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas.
- Work with company’s competitive team to clearly understand the advantages and disadvantages of products versus the competition.
- Analyze and define the key target segments for company solutions in the transportation market and develop differentiated messaging for those segments.
- Create addressable market, revenue, and market share estimates for company solutions.
- Needs to be responsible for enabling revenue contribution and achieving market share objectives for swim lane
Create compelling marketing stories, messages and materials
- Collaborate with product management to develop product positioning and messaging throughout the lifecycle of products and solutions for the key market segments.
- Work with the marketing team to create compelling web, social, and collateral-based marketing material to drive demand for transportation solutions, including: case studies, videos, website copy, white papers, surveys, blog posts, etc.
Champion the message
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products for the mobile and transportation solutions, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Provide content and ideas to help others in the company to also become thought leaders.
- Speak and present about transportation solutions to both external and internal audiences.
Drive demand for the solutions
- Develop the content for training materials and tools for the sales and channel enablement teams to use with the inside, field, and channel sales teams.
- Work with the lead generation team to implement campaigns that consistently generate new, high quality leads for the sales force.
- Where needed, develop and execute marketing programs to increase demand and attention for company solutions in the transportation market. Assess effectiveness and develop changes to improve effectiveness.
- Really want the PMM to help create annual plan forecasts, drive strategies to attain those forecasts, and be responsible for market share.
- Drive the building of a solution ecosystem with third-party solutions.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant product management or product marketing experience in enterprise networking, IP-based routing and switching, network security, and management. At least 2 years in a product marketing role.
- Additional experience in 4G LTE and SDN/SD-WAN is highly desired.
- Proven leadership of product initiatives from conception through implementation.
- Possesses strategic and critical thinking, analytical reasoning and thought-leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills – including the ability to deliver persuasive presentations to executives, partners and customers.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree required, master’s degree is a plus.
- Prior experience with first responders, public safety solutions, telecom carriers, 3G/4G wireless and/or mobile technologies is a plus.
Must have the ability to:
- Work with teams across your organization including sales and marketing, product management, marketing, press and PR, and senior executives.
- Write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
- Create succinct, well-structured, and visually appealing presentations for sales and other external audiences.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization and present effectively to all internal audiences.
- Research insights into customer needs and experiences through analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews.
- Translate business goals and strategies into market execution plans
- 5+ years of product marketing experience utilizing the skills listed above.
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player.
- 5+ years’ experience in the transportation or first responder marketplace.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office and Teams.
- Comfortable learning and using collaboration and CRM tools such Salesforce.
- User of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Excellent time management and project prioritization skills.