Senior Software Engineer
• Fosters and maintains good working relationships, and cooperates actively with staff and third parties regarding
assigned development and support tasks.
• Works cooperatively with company staff personnel to analyze, recommend actions and implement actions regarding
operational incidents, program malfunctions, or requests for development when an incident occurs with the
applications or application creation process, and implements programming changes to address such incidents
• Stays abreast of technical changes in the areas of development competence through formal and informal
professional development, and recommends change where necessary to ensure company technologies and
application programs are effective, secure, and up-to-date.
• Promotes a professional, positive and supportive work environment.
• Provides regular reports to the information systems senior manager.
• Interacts professionally and cooperatively with company members, customers, and staff to answer questions about
company programs and services, and solves problems that do not require the attention of program-specific staff.
Critical Thinking / Problem Solving
• Plans and prioritizes tasks effectively; determines and takes appropriate action when faced with challenges.
• Collaborates with team to analyze opinions/ ideas before making a decision.
• Makes practical and ethical decisions that support department goals and company's overall mission.
• Uses consideration & tact when voicing disagreement, including listening carefully, discussing possible areas of
agreement, & suggesting new options that may satisfy the needs of both parties.
Change Agility / Adaptability
• Responds positively and accepts changes to association goals/ decisions/ policies by supporting them through
positive actions and communications.
• Creates and implements any necessary procedures to accommodate new association policies to maintain the
consistency of the department's workflow without interruption (if applicable).
• Makes oneself available to staff for questions; timely responds to internal inquiries of any kind to support changes.
• Remains calm & effective in high pressure situations; keeps personal emotions in check. Projects a professional
• Takes initiative-does what needs to be done without being told
• Accepts responsibility for own mistakes & takes action to correct situation; seeks constructive feedback & accepts
• Takes on share of the department's workload, & contributes skills & abilities to attain departments goals
• Assists colleagues when they are having difficulty & asks for help when experiencing difficulty.
• Works on improving knowledge & skills through development (seminars, coursework, etc.)
• Effectively & professionally uses oral communication skills to convey ideas in a clear, informative & timely manner
• Effectively & professionally uses written communication skills to convey ideas in a clear, informative & timely
• Directs communications to the appropriate recipients in order to avoid inappropriate breaches of confidentiality
• When listening, gives full attention to the speaker, asks questions to check understanding & summarizes the
speaker's thoughts, feelings, ideas
• Establishes & maintains cooperative working relationships within & outside the department/ team, so that
deadlines are met and/or renegotiated
Selecting & Developing Talent (Manager/ Program Analyst and Higher)
• Provides continuous feedback throughout the year & formally counsels when necessary
• Exhibits patience & encouragement when helping someone develop new abilities or work challenges
• Encourages staffs' professional development by attendance at education & training programs; budgets for their
• Motivates individuals to perform and develop beyond their comfort zones; Assigns challenging projects or tasks,
allowing independence to complete, providing guidance as needed
• Conducts comprehensive & confidential performance appraisals, incl. specific, descriptive, constructive
• Fosters development of future team leaders by sharing knowledge and identifying new opportunities (Succession
Presentation Skills (Manager/Program Analyst and Higher)
• Is comfortable communicating with all constituents of the organization - one-on-one, small and large groups,
peers/staff & volunteers
• Commands attention and can manage discussion during a presentation.
• Always well prepared -considers the appropriate communication tool for the audience to convey critical
- Developing cutting edge software using Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET MVC) and C# ·
- Database queries, stored procedures, and Entity Framework.
- Working knowledge of systems integration design patterns and best practices.
- Good understanding of Object-oriented models.
- Exposure to Cloud Architectures like AWS or Azure preferable.
- The desire to continue to broaden and deepen technical, business skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to lead a team and exercise project leadership is desirable. Agile development experience preferred.
- Web services (SOAP / XML / REST / JSON, etc.) and WCF