Senior Software Engineer
RESULTS Project Management 25%
• Fully understand the functional needs of the business problem and device solutions which will scale with the business needs. Must be able to communicate with the business users and articulate better ways to solve the business process resulting in better efficiencies in labor and operational effort to maintain. • Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them
• Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications • Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
Database Development 25%
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle. • Develop features across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
Team Leadership 20%
• Provide engineering support when building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers • Participate with the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling and enhancing our products and the services utilized to deploy/install/release those products • Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures. • Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues. • Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed. • Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Critical Thinking / Problem Solving 5%
• Plans and prioritizes tasks effectively; determines and takes appropriate action when faced with challenges. • Collaborates with team to analyze opinions/ ideas before making a decision. • Makes practical and ethical decisions that support department goals and company’s overall mission. • Uses consideration & tact when voicing disagreement, including listening carefully, discussing possible areas of agreement, & suggesting new options that may satisfy the needs of both parties.
Change Agility / Adaptability 5%
• Responds positively and accepts changes to association goals/ decisions/ policies by supporting them through positive actions and communications. • Creates and implements any necessary procedures to accommodate new association policies to maintain the consistency of the department's workflow without interruption (if applicable).
• Makes oneself available to staff for questions; timely responds to internal inquiries of any kind to support changes. • Remains calm & effective in high pressure situations; keeps personal emotions in check. Projects a professional demeanor.
• Takes initiative-does what needs to be done without being told • Accepts responsibility for own mistakes & takes action to correct situation; seeks constructive feedback & accepts it appropriately • Takes on share of the department's workload, & contributes skills & abilities to attain departments goals • Assists colleagues when they are having difficulty & asks for help when experiencing difficulty. • Works on improving knowledge & skills through development (seminars, coursework, etc.)
• Effectively & professionally uses oral communication skills to convey ideas in a clear, informative & timely manner • Effectively & professionally uses written communication skills to convey ideas in a clear, informative & timely manner • Directs communications to the appropriate recipients in order to avoid inappropriate breaches of confidentiality
• When listening, gives full attention to the speaker, asks questions to check understanding & summarizes the speaker's thoughts, feelings, ideas • Establishes & maintains cooperative working relationships within & outside the department/ team, so that deadlines are met and/or renegotiated
Selecting & Developing Talent (Manager/ Program Analyst and Higher) 5%
• Provides continuous feedback throughout the year & formally counsels when necessary • Exhibits patience & encouragement when helping someone develop new abilities or work challenges • Encourages staffs' professional development by attendance at education & training programs; budgets for their education/training • Motivates individuals to perform and develop beyond their comfort zones; Assigns challenging projects or tasks, allowing independence to complete, providing guidance as needed • Conducts comprehensive & confidential performance appraisals, incl. specific, descriptive, constructive comments/feedback • Fosters development of future team leaders by sharing knowledge and identifying new opportunities (Succession planning)
Presentation Skills (Manager/ Program Analyst and Higher) 5%
• Is comfortable communicating with all constituents of the organization - one-on-one, small and large groups, peers/staff & volunteers • Commands attention and can manage discussion during a presentation. • Always well prepared -considers the appropriate communication tool for the audience to convey critical messages
Advanced written and verbal communication skills Ability to build good rapport with users.