Senior Strategic Product Manager
Senior (Strategic) Product Manager
Our Product Managers stand at the leading edge of this disruption, and are responsible for guiding new products for our organization.
Our Product Managers combine financial industry research and knowledge with our technical expertise to develop leading product strategies. An example of this would be performing market analysis to identify a product gap, then working with SMEs and engineering to deliver a seamless solution to our customers. If your personality thrives off of the energy of an enthusiastic collaborative team and you love to learn and problem solve, we want to hear from you
We’re looking for someone who:
Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for technology. You love using technology differently to maximize opportunity and impact for customers and you have a way of bringing out that same fire in the people you work with
Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best – whether that’s decreasing system down time or making an innovative change to “how it’s always been done” resulting in a more efficient way of supporting the customer. You challenge yourself by setting goals and exceeding them
Is collaborative. You’re excited to work with fellow engineers and big thinkers. You know how to collaborate not only within the department, but also across the organization
Wants to make an impact. You’re looking to do amazing work. You value preventing problems from occurring over being caught in the chaos zone putting out fires and looking for the “hero” spotlight
What you’ll do all day:
Define the tools and features we need to build. And as a product owner, you’ll be responsible for defining what products we should be building and also determining their outcomes.
Become an expert: A great product manager must know their product inside and out. This can require anything from reading pages of financial regulations to attending industry conferences. And of course you are expected to talk often with subject matter experts (SMEs) inside of our organization. Don’t apply if you don’t like learning!
Collaborate with your engineering team to drive projects to completion. Product owners are assigned to a specific engineering team. This fosters good communication and team rhythm. You will work daily with your team to plan projects, groom backlogs, and research emerging requirements.
Collaborate with the business and SMEs on technology strategy. You will meet regularly with subject matter experts, key customers, and senior-level decision makers to ensure everyone agrees to the same product vision. An important part of the job is also to document and communicate that vision to ensure we have a written record of key decisions and outcomes.
Make us better. We want to stand out in the crowd. What new cool, innovative and smart technologies should we be exploring? We want to be different and we want people to look at us as the industry leaders in employing and building cutting edge technologies
A few reasons why you might love us:
We’re a leader in the space. We are recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
We see tech differently. You’ll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers problems.
Your work will have immediate impact. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes “predictable.” The job is based on the unknown which inevitably means change. If you like to know what you’re going to do every day, you may not like working on this team. You have to go with the flow here.
You’re not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our customers. We think two brains are better than one so we do most of our work together. Team work makes the dream work on this team.
You’re a tech snob. We deal with all technology – Linux and Windows; .NET and Java; SQL and noSQL (mongoDB); RabbitMQ and other open source tools and libraries. We love technology and want to work with all of it. If you’re wed to a particular shop, you may not like working for us.
- Research and communicate market trends.Understand our place in the market and how we relate to our competitors.
- Provide insights and actionable recommendations for business stakeholders based on deep analysis and alignment with business goals.
- Use business metrics to drive strategy and innovation.
- Work with customers and senior business leaders to identify and solve for product gaps.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and document detailed product requirements and lead products from design to launch.
- Be accountable for the functional and financial success of your products.
- Position requires 30%+ time for travel. (We’re a distributed company.)
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (CS or engineering degree). Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience researching, defining and documenting market and product requirements.
- Financial industry experience a strong plus.
- Demonstrated full-lifecycle ownership of product development.
- Understanding of Agile practices and strong preference for incremental delivery.
- Ability to dig into business or technical problems and find pragmatic solutions. Strong ability to listen, but also to question assumptions.
- You're a strong multi-tasker, and can influence others without authority.
- Demonstrated inter-personal, verbal, and written communication