An Associate Manager, Field Engineer/Software Developer will support the service delivery or product team(s) in managing resources, projects and budgets to meet the goals of the business and clients. When required, they will develop and execute demand management processes, provide training and education on standard project management requirements and methods, facilitate project governance and reporting, and create models to improve business decisions.
You will be expected to develop and configure customized software product/systems to meet client requirements as well as build and support specialized customization to the core asset software including conversions, interfaces, enhancements and user interface modifications. Responsibilities may include end-to-end software development starting from analysis moving on to design, implementation, QA, delivery and maintenance. Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methods, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
- Ultimately responsible and accountable for coding and configuration tasks for the project implementation Design, code, test, deploy and support JEE based solutions into industry-leading container/application server environments
- Work directly with customers to analyze requests and constructively provide feedback that meets the requirement while leveraging our core products as much as possible
- Use analytical and problem solving skills to debug customer issues
- Work directly with Business Analysts to develop technical requirements
- Deploy and configure products to Databases and Application Servers
- Document code
- Accurately estimate the time and effort required to complete a deliverable
- Participates in software design sessions
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities at any given time
- Desire to learn and master new technologies
- Detail-oriented and ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience with web and database development is preferred
- Willingness to get your hands dirty with anything that comes up that doesn’t happen to be on this list!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical/analytical field
- Minimum 5-8 years related industry experience in system development and implementation.
- previous Duck Creek Software experience a MUST
- You will be a self-starter who exhibits creativity, boundless hustle, integrity, teamwork, and a good sense of humor
- Superior communication skills and ability to interact with colleagues and customers at all levels
Nice to have:
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software
- Experience with technology (AgencyPortal, Connect5, Policy, Billing, Claims)
- Experience with .Net Solutions and SQL and relational database design
- Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, Claims, Reinsurance, third-party systems)
- Experience with implementation of Platform solutions for Claims
- Experience with C#, SQL, Microsoft Foundation technologies