Software Engineer in Test (Python)
Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1+
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Develop software to automate continuous integration (CI) systems.
- Research test automation approaches and trends. Disseminate proposed changes to coworkers.
- Design and document test cases. Test and verify incremental builds of code alongside development team activity. Execute manual and automated test procedures. Report defects, participate in debugging and troubleshooting, and validate fixes.
- Own regression test automation, tracking, and execution. Maintain and expand existing C and Python test automation frameworks.
- Oversee and execute final qualification testing.
- Participate and contribute to software code and embedded hardware design reviews.
Required Qualifications :
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Strong interpersonal and team skills are required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team (1-3 one week trips per year to locations in U.S. and Europe).
Relevant / Desired Experience:
- Experience with software development in test automation.
- Experience developing and executing test strategies for embedded hardware/software platforms. Able to work with both electrical and software systems at a detailed level.
- Ability to communicate with product owners and end users about their use and experience with a product and translate that input into more precise and insightful test cases.
- Experience working in a quality-driven culture, where brand reputation is made or lost based on the reliability of new products.
- Software development background and tools experience including:
- Linux/gcc/make development environment
- Embedded C for ARM microcontrollers
- Continuous Integration (CI) platforms (for instance Buildbot)
- Source Control (SVN, Git)
- Agile development using Jira
- Experience developing and executing test strategies for iOS and/or Android mobile platforms, particularly applications that communicate with hardware devices.
- Hardware design analysis, and joint hardware/software debugging using oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.