Software Engineer (Web)
Key Qualifications for this role:
- Strong .NET background
- Strong experience in Agile environment (recent)
- Experience with Angular (any version) - is a plus (not required)
Why Our Client?
Our client is not a typical financial institution – they’re better. They’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to their company and the communities they do business in. They love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of their employees say they are a great workplace that is focused on their mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of web based application development projects. Work involves moderate difficulty in working on multiple and complex high-level projects concurrently. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of .NET and structured programming concepts, architecture and process enhancement. They are looking for someone who is focused on structured programming concepts and cares about the code they write and end results.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Develop, create, and modify finance computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze business needs and develop software solutions for public or internal use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Analyze and design application database solutions, collaborating database development efforts across organization.
- Responsible for full life cycle development of web based applications to include design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex computer programs and subsystems.
- Conducts detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolves problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities.
- Conduct cross-functional code review.
- Works on multiple high-level projects concurrently. Lead Engineer on projects of a large scope and/or complexity.
- Utilizes effective project management techniques in planning, estimating, controlling and completing assignments.
- Identifies problems related to primary financial software and determines corrective action.
- Develops custom programs when required.
- Works with Service Desk and/or Application Support Specialists to troubleshoot complex problems and member service issues.
- Identifies and implements solutions to complex issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes.
- Trains and mentors entry to mid-level Developers and Engineers.
- Trains Service Desk on operational procedures and processes developed by the Senior Software Engineer.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with relevant Microsoft Certification, 2+ years of experience in application development using .NET Framework or Core Financial Systems Framework, and you have:
- Prior **AGILE** experience required
- Demonstrated understanding of development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance required
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation required
- Project management experience working on several projects concurrently required
- Experience with **Angular** is a plus!
- Experience with Web API
- Experience with MVC & WCF
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft solution stack
- Familiarity with unit testing and mocking concepts and frameworks
- Prior experience with release automation desired
When you’re happy, they’re happy!
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off