SQL Database Developer
The Database Programmer provides programming and support to custom and commercial databases utilized by the Firm. The Database Programmer is part of a team responsible for database performance, integrity, reporting and end user training and support that includes reports and custom dashboards. Strong attention to detail, as well as, excellent technical, organizational, written and oral communication skills are required. The Database Programmer maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
- Write and modify SQL queries, stored procedures and SSIS packages for commercial and custom databases.
- Create custom reports and dashboards for custom analytics application.
- Provide general technical support for end users of custom analytics application, including training and support for dashboards and reports in said application.
- Work as part of a team responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Firm’s custom and commercial databases that includes the implementation, configuration, maintenance, programming, troubleshooting, reporting and upgrades of current databases to latest version.
- Maintain user accounts and access levels.
- Work as part of a team to ensure data quality.
- Understand and execute the database security policies, procedures and processes.
- Support the development of operating procedures and user technical manuals and train users on Best Practices.
- Execute the change management process in response to requests from application owners, subject matter experts and developers in order to complete code releases and resolution of issues for databases and database-driven applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related specialty is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years of SQL programming experience is required.
- Two or more years of SQL Server Database Administration is highly preferred, but not required.
- Experience using SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, and SQL Reporting Services is required.
- Proactive with the ability to identify, define and analyze complex programming issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in exercising independent judgment with demonstrated troubleshooting, follow-through, and critical-thinking skills in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and consistently changing work environment with the ability to make decisions based upon results of research.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy and efficiently follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to provide technical support and training to a diverse group of users having different levels of computer expertise including attorneys, support staff, and clients. In addition, maintain effective relationships with vendors and consultants.