The role of SQL Developer 1 is to design, develop, implement, and maintain high quality database systems for internal and client software applications including shopping cart websites and data processing. This role is primarily focused on project work across the development and staging environments based in Microsoft .NET and SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2016. Works independently or as part of a small team to develop new systems or enhance existing ones. Direction comes from technical architects or IT business analysts to complete functionality assigned for development.
· Coding: Develops, codes, tests, debugs, maintains, modifies, and installs routine to moderately complex programs. Apply structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Create, optimize, and maintain complex T-SQL as part of stored procedures, views, functions, and queries. Design and develop highly configurable, fault tolerant ETL systems using SSIS. Develop and maintain SSRS reports for the various business applications.
· Testing: Under general supervision, develops unit test and test scripts, performs unit, regression, conversion, and parallel tests, develops system test data and performs system tests. Assists quality assurance testing teams.
· Analysis/Design: Analyze business requirements for projects of small to medium scope and complexity. Analyze and document test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical requirements. Review database objects for data integrity, quality, security, recoverability, scalability, maintenance and capacity and recommend changes as necessary.
· Technical Support: Research and resolve routine to moderately complex programming issues with immediate, short-term solutions.
· Documentation: Assist in preparing good internal program documentation on program development and revisions. Create database design documentation at architectural and functional level.
· Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management
· Planning: Begins to prepare time estimates for assigned tasks with assistance. Attends post-implementation reviews.
· Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
· Adhere to all policies and procedures related to security and protecting privacy of client and company information. Role will work directly with confidential client data containing protected health information and/or personally identifiable information and individual must complete annual HIPAA training.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· 4-yr college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience is required
· 3-5 years of experience in SQL development w/SQL Server (2008 R2, 2012, 2016, etc.)
· 3-5 years with development of SQL Integration Services packages and SQL Reporting Services (SSIS and SSRS).
· Experience with TFS, automated deployments and working with the Red Gate SQL development tools a plus.
· Experience in inventory/order management systems environment is preferred.
· Knowledge of IT security relevant to data protection and data integrity.
· Proficiency in English
· Excellent communication skills; verbal, written,