Sr. ABAP Developer
Working under minimal supervision to the Senior Manager, Basis Operations, Security and Development, serves as the primary technical subject matter expert for the SAP ABAP Development platform. Responsible for the overall design, development and end-to-end delivery of quality, scalable and efficient solutions in SAP that provide great customer experience. Will develop a strong understanding of the strategic objectives, challenges and opportunities from a business and IT perspective and ensure the solutions proposed meet these objectives. Requires exposure to industry best practices and technology trends with the ability and interest to expand across technologies, when required. Responsible for implementing best practice design, development and delivery standards in coordination with in-house and offshore development resources. Collaborate closely with the IT team and business stakeholders globally to deliver projects, continuous improvements and bug fixes in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience as a SAP ABAP developer in various roles, with at least 4+ years of that in implementation projects
- Expertise in Object Oriented ABAP, ALE/IDOCs, BAPIs, Enhancement Framework, Forms and interfacing technologies like REST, SOAP services
- Clear and concise communication skills, strong problem solving skills and technical expertise in the SAP ABAP Development platform
- Experience with CRM Development frameworks like GenIL, AET and BOL
- Experience in RFC, File, XML and related programming techniques in SAP
- Knowledge of ITS, Barcode and label printing would be an additional benefit
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC (key modules like SD, MM, PP, FICO), BW. Exposure to APO, DMS, PLM and WCEM is a plus
- Good communication skills, customer excellence focus and organizational skills
- Exposure to ASAP methodology preferred
- Demonstrated ability of working on complex assignments
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods on new assignments and (provide guidance to other personnel)