Sr. Electrical Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Carries out engineering assignments of reasonably high complexity with limited supervision.
· Designs, troubleshoots, and documents complex digital, analog, and power supply circuits. Familiarity with RF circuit design.
· Outlines, performs and directs tests needed to verify design.
· Responsible for the creation of engineering change orders and documentation maintenance necessary to complete the product development.
· Works with software engineering staff on the documentation and development of test code for hardware functional validation.
· Reviews design for regulatory compliance with relevant UL, CSA, NEC and international standards. Works in coordination with the Reliability Lab to confirm and certify compliance.
· Maintain the design validity of existing products and pursue cost reductions through design, material and component changes.
· Assist and mentor new or less experienced team members.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS Education and/or experience:
· BSEE degree in electronics engineering, 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
· Familiar with digital circuit design, embedded microprocessor design, LCD displays, and analog circuit design.
· Experience in wireless circuit design (WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee) a plus.
· Knowledge of UL, CSA, IEC, ASHRAE, NEMA and other standards bodies is desirable.
· Knowledgeable in assembly language, C and C++ programming for embedded microprocessors. PLC programming knowledge is a plus.
· Highly proficient in the use of ECAD tools (schematic capture, PCB layout, circuit simulation), Altium knowledge preferred. Basic understanding of SolidWorks is a plus.
· Must be a flexible, team player, with broad interests and capabilities who possesses the ability to assume different roles to keep projects on schedule.
· Must be able to work in a project team environment. This includes members from Mechanical Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Software Engineering, Manufacturing, and the Test Lab.
· Good presentation and communication skills. Conveys information clearly and effectively in written and verbal communications. Presents technical information in easily understood terms.
· Able to effectively manage the demands of multiple projects. Manages workload and is effective at completing goals and objectives in a timely manner.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must.