Sr. Front End Developer
We are seeking candidates who understand how to configure system by creating/updating Manuscripts using XML, HTML and CSS technologies to support the development of Property & Casualty Policy Administration systems. Execute XSLT’s, Perform SQL Database Queries and Procedures to query, update and transform data.
- Assist in the design of the software configuration and customization to meet the business process design and application requirements.
- Develop an application prototype and conduct a conference room pilot to validate the configuration design and explore gap options.
- Work with other developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Configure, build, and test the application.
- Component test the application.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Participate in transitions of the application components to the testers.
- Complete all appropriate documentation required by the testers, deployment, and application management teams.
- Inform the technical architect and project manager of any issues that may affect any other areas of the project.
- Assist other teams with understanding the functional impact of various configuration options.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 4-6 years’ experience in implementing P&C Insurance software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree, or its foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a closely-related Computer/IT field.
- Experience with implementation of Platform for Policy Administration.
- Experience performing analytical or quantitative activities in spreadsheet/database types of software applications.
- previous Duck Creek Software experience a MUST
- Familiarity with merge fields for Microsoft Word and Adobe.
- Knowledge of insurance products (Policy Administration).
- Knowledge of software development life cycle – including: waterfall, iterative and agile methodologies
- Previous experience working directly with customers.
- Experience in HTML and XML preferred.
- Familiarity with insurance products, rules and methodologies desirable.