Sr. IT Portfolio Manager, HR
The Senior IT Program Manager manages the IT solutions for his/her designated business process area (e.g. Accounting, Knowledge Management, HR, Marketing, etc.) Working closely with the business stakeholders, the Senior IT Program Manager has ownership and accountability for all aspects of their technology program – solution fit to business needs, user acceptance and adoption, security, technical soundness and robustness, ROI/cost, time to delivery, prioritization of features, etc. This role creates the technology roadmap for their area and submits budget requests for the needed projects to achieve the objectives for the area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work across departments to gather and understand the varying perspectives on the program and its solutions – business function, user, technology, security, etc.
· Stay current with trends in their assigned area – both in terms of business trends and technology trends that influence the area. Maintain awareness of best practices and competitive intelligence of what other firms are doing in this area.
· Based on the above, determine the short- and long-term roadmaps for their program – adjusting over time as priorities and technologies change. Communicate and socialize the roadmap to achieve executive buy-in.
· Make key tradeoff, risk, and other critical decisions to do the “right” thing for the program, taking into account all perspectives.
· Champion change and innovation in the area – socializing a forward-thinking program of projects and program roadmap.
· Determine skills needed, roles needed, and create and organize project teams based on resource estimates from the resource owners (Business Analysts, Developers, Architects, Project Managers, etc.) Resolve resource, timing or other conflicts between projects and groups.
· Work with other Senior Program Managers to create solutions for technology trends that span across programs (e.g. mobile, big data, security, etc.)
· Facilitate the annual IT project budgeting process with accounting and IT portfolio directors for their assigned area.
· Hire, train, develop and complete annual performance reviews for direct reports.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience
· A minimum of 10 years of experience owning and leading complex programs of projects balancing a variety of perspectives and interests
· A minimum of 5 years of experience creating and managing product roadmaps, including enhancement and other user requests
· Demonstrated experience in multiple IT-related functional disciplines (e.g., two or more of: Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Security, Quality Assurance, etc.)
· Executive presentation skills
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Management Information Systems
· Experience in current technology trends
· Law firm experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Good judgment
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
· Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
· Able to work under pressure
· Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities