Sr. Java Developer / Platform Architect
You can expect to be based out of our Schaumburg office while traveling to our client sites around the country, as well as occasional global travel, total travel up to 50%. At the client sites, you participate in meetings with stakeholders and contributors, while working with the team to design a solution that will solve the client's issues. We are a leading Procurement Optimization Consultancy, and are seeking a senior level Platform Architect to join the Engineering Technology Team.
The Engineering Technology team has 2 major functions:
- Support the technical needs of Project implementations of cloud-based S2P applications such as Coupa, Ivalua, or Ariba)
- Develop and maintain company's proprietary product offerings designed to accelerate or supplement S2P implementations.
- The Platform Architect will need to support both Project implementations and proprietary product implementations individually or concurrently depending on the demand, however, will primarily be focused on the Development of Shelby’s cloud-based products (CTX and DigitalInvoice™).
- In the Project Implementation Support function, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to grasp and understand key business functions and business use cases surrounding the Procurement and S2P processes. Develop and implement technical solutions within the cloud base S2P application, back end accounting systems, and middleware. The breadth of technology coverage is as vast as the customer base, therefore, the most important attribute is understanding abstract principles and the ability to apply the principles to whatever technology context is required along with learning any new underlying technical skills.
- In the Product Development function, the successful candidate will help lay the foundation of the next iteration of platform. CTX and DigitalInvoice™ are cloud-based application based on the following technologies – Java, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel, Linux must, T-SQL, MySQL, Oracle, REST/SOAP, Angluar.js, AWS.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate mastery and understanding of Cloud application Design Patterns (java & integration) to help lay the foundation of a full enterprise level multi-tenant cloud solution capable of supporting millions of transactions.
- Work with team on design and development of database architecture, and data models to support data segregation, scalability, and performance.
- Assist in the development of Application layer business functions in support of UI layer all designed around the ability to rapidly scale, deploy, and provide customer self-service portals.
- Participate in developing a cloud solution platform from the ground up and will help lead the team in the endeavor as the product matures in the market place.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrable understanding of CS theories and ability to deploy knowledge regardless of technical context.
- experience with cloud application design (AWS)
- 3-5 years experience developing within Java
- experience with Spring, Hibernate, REST/SOAP, Angular.JS
- Ability to work in a team as well as lead a team.