Sr. Product Owner / Project Manager, JD Edwards
We are seeking an experienced JD Edwards Project Manager/Product Owner for our IT team within our Accounting & Finance program. Key systems under the Accounting Program have applicability across all business departments. In addition to our ERP system, JD Edwards, there are a variety of Cloud based systems that deliver solutions across the company. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with a strong track record of delivering world-class IT solutions in an organization investing in rapidly-evolving technologies and capabilities for our employees and across our 160+ shopping centers throughout the United States.
The Product owner is responsible for partnering closely with business leaders and technical teams to combine business and technical perspectives and deliver solutions that provide exceptional business value. This position requires a candidate who is both technically-savvy and business-focused.
The Product Owner will be responsible for supporting multiple concurrent high visibility projects that cross several business departments in a fast-paced environment. Experience with retail real estate projects or the ability to quickly learn functional aspects of the retail real estate vertical is necessary. We are seeking someone who wants to be a part of a world-class organization that delivers results, grows and retains top talent and is focused on building solutions based on sound architectural principles and operating per industry-leading frameworks.
· Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy of JD Edwards
· Understand and document the business needs and processes as related to new applications, integrated applications, or enhancements to an existing application, with a focus on JD Edwards.
· Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
· Define product vision, One year road-map and growth opportunities
· Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
· Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
· Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
· Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
· Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
· Act as a scrum master for other products under the Accounting & Finance Program
· Throughout a project, operate as a technical/business liaison to the end users as well as a technical coordinator with external software support vendors.
· Build and maintain relationships with business partners and IT teams to enable delivery of solutions that provide the most value.
Required Skills and Experience:
· 2-3 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role with increasing responsibility.
· 5+ years as a Project Manger
· 4+ years’ experience working with an ERP system with a deep techno functional Knowledge of JD Edwards.
· 2+ years’ experience with SQL
· 1+ years’ experience using an Agile approach to software development on projects or enhancements.
· Experience with JDE bolt on tools like ReportsNow or Hubble is a plus
· Experience with HFM or Argus is a plus
· High level skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) required. SharePoint functional experience a plus.
· Proven ability to manage complex projects and deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
· Experience at working both independently and in a team-orientated, collaborative environment is essential.
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
· Academic background in business, technology or related field. Undergraduate college degree or equivalent experience minimum.
· Ability to think strategically and suggest creative solutions.
· Forward-thinking mindset to continue to respond to the needs of business partners.
· Ability to build partnerships and effectively establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and vendors.
· Comfortable interacting with different levels of management and leading cross-functional teams.
· Proactive approach to problem identification and solving.
· Ability to synthesize complex requirements into simple business practices.
· Ability to seamlessly communicate with business partners and technical teams.