Sr. Project Manager, Product Owner
Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager/Product Owner to oversee the conception, planning and implementation of IT Projects. The successful candidate will have a background in financial applications and a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with a reputation for excellence in project delivery and strong collaboration with business peers and leaders. Technology is at the heart of retail’s evolution, and our project managers help lead innovative and impactful projects. Culture is at the heart of our IT team; this is a place to grow your career and collaborate with good people.
The Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Create value for both business and IT stakeholders while mitigating risk.
- Function as the Product owner for the vertical by owing the backlog, prioritizing requests with the highest business value with input from stakeholders and team
- Develop relationships with our Capital Markets, Treasury and Joint Venture stakeholders to help articulate the overall vision
- Act as the sole representative of the stakeholders, internal and external, insofar as the development team is concerned and can clarify requirements for the team that satisfy those needs, while keeping consistent with architectural guidelines and security standards.
- Act as a communicator and facilitator between the stakeholders and the scrum team.
- ‘Soup to nuts’ project delivery responsibility, including creating charter, release planning, accepting and rejecting stories during the sprint and release notes.
- Manage the execution of Program related technology projects including managing the teams, helping define user stories and requirements, work, schedule, escalation, status and management of key project work.
- Manage operational excellence for the Accounting program – Contribute to the program roadmap by identifying improvement and innovation opportunities
- Oversee and support QA and UAT testing, and change management for successful go-lives.
- Lead improvements with Project Retrospectives.
- Assist in the yearly SOX review as well as review of SOC reports and other legal and regulatory compliance tasks as it pertains to the Treasury/Capital Markets Vertical.
- Provide support to other program related projects as needed.
What you will receive by taking this position:
- Training and project assignments that will help you obtain advanced knowledge of our business and applications.
- Understanding of the commercial real estate Industry and business practices from one of the largest real estate companies in the world.
- Valuable experience within a world-class IT organization.
- Opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
Required Qualifications :
- 10+ years’ experience managing technology projects
- Must have experience with Agile delivery
- Must have experience managing multiple projects successfully and enjoy building a plan and delivering work successfully with a positive outlook and great team collaboration.
- Superior PowerPoint and Presentation skills required
- An orientation to ownership, and learning
- Good interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, dealing with project challenges and leading the team to resolution, and listening.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint knowledge is nice to have
- Prior experience in real estate and/or with institutional investors is strongly preferred
- Experience with Financial systems is required.
- PMP or ACP Certification is preferred
- Ability to think strategically and suggest creative solutions
- Forward-thinking mindset to continue to innovate our business platforms
- Ability to build partnerships and effectively establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and vendors
- Comfortable interacting with different levels of management and leading cross-functional, cross-regional teams
- Ability to guide decision making with strategic insight
- Proactive approach to problem identification and solving
- Ability to synthesize complex requirements into simple business practices
Nice to Have:
- Proficiency with the use of the Jira Application.