Sr. SQL Server DBA
Location : Kenosha, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
SUMMARY: Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of SQL Server Database solutions by performing the following duties.
- Designs and executes overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices.
- Works closely with project teams to develop data models that support business processes.
- Works with application development to ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Supports all areas of the enterprise - ensures that all databases run at optimal performance
- Proactively identifies and troubleshoots databases performance issues
- Ensures that industry wide security standards are properly implemented
- Develops and optimizes complex t-sql and PL/SQL code at advanced level
- Understands written business requirements and translates them into technical design
- Designs and develops SQL code; ETL processes and SSRS reports based on provided requirements
- Responds to business requests in a professional manner with high sense of urgency
- Works well under high levels of stress
- Participates in on-call rotation and occasional off-hours activities (DR tests; upgrades, etc.)
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities enumerated above.
Required Qualifications :
- RDBMS: SQL Server (advanced)
- OS: Windows 2012 - 2016; RHEL 6.5-7.5
- ETL: SSIS (development, troubleshooting and optimization)(advanced)
- Reporting: SSRS (development, troubleshooting and optimization)(advanced)
- SQL Server replication (transactional, snapshot) (advanced)
- T-SQL; PL/SQL (development, troubleshooting and optimization)(advanced)
- OLTP performance troubleshooting (advanced)
- RDBMS installation and configuration (advanced)
- WSFC - Windows Server Failover Clustering (advanced)
- RDBMS upgrade/patching