Sr. Systems Engineer
Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Do you want to impact thousands of people by implementing and supporting a next generation hybrid IT infrastructure? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our Infrastructure team is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to help drive our business into a cloud first strategy utilizing Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS. You will support our existing datacenter hardware infrastructure while also helping us transition to the cloud. This is a hands-on position in a collaborative, fast paced environment that requires a self-motivated problem solver who is capable of seamlessly meeting their goals. Key
- Enjoy being part of a fast-paced, dynamic team. Be a good communicator, self-starter and solid partner and expert for the IT infrastructure team.
- Have a creative, adaptive mindset towards infrastructure support and solutions.
- Maintain and look for ways to continuously improve our hybrid datacenter technologies - Windows Server Operating Systems, VMWare vSphere/ESX, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, SAN storage, disaster recovery and backup solutions.
- Be an expert and promote and implement best practices for Active Directory Group Policy, Replication, AD Integrated DNS, DFS and PKI.
- Support and administration of various identity, messaging and spam filtering services such as OKTA, Office365, AirWatch and Proofpoint.
- Serve as an infrastructure expert at our architecture reviews and strategy discussions and weekly change advisory board meetings.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for team members to maintain standards and reduce support risks.
- Support and administer cloud storage and file sharing solutions.
- Respond to and solve escalated infrastructure support tickets. Assist, guide and regularly communicate with the 1st and 2nd level support team. Identify frequent issues and develop support procedures and documents so that frequent issues are able to be solved without escalation.
Required Qualifications :
Qualifications / Skills:
- Extensive experience implementing and maintaining datacenter infrastructure including but not limited to converged systems, hyper-converged systems, SANs and servers.
- Advanced understanding and implementation experience of cloud infrastructure technologies such as Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Experience managing and maintaining – Office 365 (email, OneDrive, Skype for Business),LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy, Domains and Trusts, Sites and Services, Azure Active Directory and AD Integrated DNS, DHCP. Demonstrated knowledge of authentication protocols such as SAML, Kerberos. Exchange Online administration, on premise Exchange 2016 relay, AirWatch/O365 Mobile Device Management, email retention policies, Office365 licensing, Proofpoint/Office365 spam filtering.
- Demonstrated ability editing, writing and deploying PowerShell scripts to create scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience managing Office 365 messaging in a Hybrid configuration, mobile device management (ActiveSync), spam filtering, mail flow and AD Connect.
- Experience with the identity lifecycle and its management, experience with MIM useful but not required.