Sr. UX Designer
We are building systems that will extend our market leadership for years to come. While lots of companies talk about “digital revolutions” or “delightful experiences,” we’re focusing on building the stuff that matters. We strive to have a profound understanding of our customer and their needs to ensure that our products and services create value for them.
We are looking for an exceptional Sr. User Experience Designer to help build experiences for enterprise systems and applications so that the organization continues to be the destination for “the ones that get it done.” The ideal candidate is both pragmatic and creative, and can translate complex business needs into user-focused solutions.
- Works with Product Managers and Engineers to define and design user experiences for company's internal and external customers
- Contributes to early stage discovery and product definition by developing a deep understanding and definition of users, framing the problem, generating design principles, developing concepts and models, evaluating current state experiences, etc.
- Plans and conducts user research, user testing and secondary research
- Translates business requirements and user needs into tangible interaction designs through detailed user flows and wire frames
- Contributes to the development of interaction patterns and cataloguing experiential debt
- Develops detailed documentation for all standard work
- Training in Human Centered Design, Design Methods, or related field
Master of Design or Master of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) preferred
- 5+ years of design experience working with a product team; corporate B2B experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of design, usability, and research best practices and standards
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates process/approach and designing solutions that solve complex problems
- A desire to advocate, driven by strong empathy for the user, that is paired with the ability to communicate informed design rationale and value
- Experience designing data-intensive applications preferred
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Continuous improvement and innovation mindset that results in creativity, acting with agility and thinking outside current boundaries
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and break down complexity
- Strong process design skills and operational orientation
- Strong ability to partner across multiple disciplines and navigate a matrix organization
- Understanding of how to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and contribute to project business cases
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Insatiable will to get stuff done