In the process of serving multiple stakeholders—ranging from regional to global divisions—researching, collaborating, brainstorming, summarizing, communicating, convincing and managing will all be part of every day’s work.
70% Time – Strategy Consulting
- Act as the strategic liaison between our core account executive/creative teams and the client’s Marketing organization and leadership.
- Seek early involvement in every client’s strategic meeting to help define strategic briefs and share results and advancements with the account team.
- Provide a strong and informed point of view on how to best engage with audiences and help identify the marketing mix of deliverables, events and media in collaboration with our leadership and digital teams.
- Play a leading role in high-priority projects, orchestrating brainstorming sessions and building presentations to articulate the agency’s recommendations.
- Take responsibility for project intake and internal agency kick-offs, dissecting complex information into simple, yet intelligent stories, and deliver them in an engaging manner.
- Gather insights via research and subject matter expert interviews and translate them into clear and inspiring creative briefs to fuel the creative process.
- Help plan marketing activities, yearly and quarterly, and communicate priorities to the account team.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of how the client’s Marketing organization is structured and how it operates.
- Build trusting and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders, including those at senior levels.
- Troubleshoot directly with clients on specific project and agency issues.
30% Time – Agency Operations
- Provide editorial oversight on campaign concepts and assets to ensure that the content created by the agency is relevant and in line with the client’s objectives and needs.
- Support business development initiatives.
- Lead quarterly business reviews to communicate client’s overall feedback on agency’s performance, as well as feedback from the agency to our stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to improve and document the process in tangible action plans for the account to implement.
- Define projects and create project estimates and SOWs.
- Coordinate post-mortem and project wash-ups to outline learnings, successes and opportunities to improve.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including having worked 5 to 7 years in a B2B corporate/agency environment. (Entry-level candidates will not be considered for this role).
- Experience in companies with a channel partners sales strategy and distribution model is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration, PR, or related area. Master is a plus, but not required.
- Consulting, Strategic Planning, Brand Management, Marketing Communications and Project Management roles are considered an asset.
- Proficient with MS Office and Mac applications.
- At least one recent professional reference.
- Candidates must demonstrate an extensive and updated knowledge of core Marketing skills and concepts.