Technical Integration Engineer
This is an incredible opportunity for a Technical Implementation Engineer to join a stand out technology team focused on providing premier customer service to new and existing customers. Have you been waiting on the opportunity to work with industry leading technologies, and help others learn how to use them? If so, this is a great opportunity for you.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for technology and using it to help the customer. You love using technology differently to maximize opportunity and impact for customers and you have a way of bringing out that same fire in the people you work with
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best – whether that’s decreasing onboarding time or making an innovative change to “how it’s always been done.” You challenge yourself by setting goals and exceeding them
- Is collaborative. You’re excited to work with fellow techies and big thinkers. You know how to collaborate across the organization and communicate with less technical team members to find a solution to pain points
- Wants to make an impact. You’re looking to do amazing work. You’re all about using technology to improve the customer experience and affect the company’s bottom line.
What you’ll do all day:
- Help us grow. Improve the customer’s onboarding experience during their migration to the our platform. Become an expert on our APIs to partner with and guide customers’ tech team members through a successful onboarding integration.
- Help our customers. You’ll partner with other internal tech teams and departments to deliver a premier experience to new and existing clients’ onboarding to the platform.
- Solve problems. Build solid relationships with our external customers by being a continuous problem solver for their tech needs. Partner with customer tech teams to integrate to our API’s.
- Reduce Friction. You’ll be working with our technology from our customers’ point of view and advocate for changes in systems, processes and documentation to make the process easier.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re a leader in the space. We are recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently. You’ll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers’ problems.
- Your work will have immediate impact. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients. You won’t be just another talented techie chained to a desk or ticket queue.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes “predictable.” We’ve got our tech onboarding down to a science but sometimes the unexpected happens and sometimes we need a fresh pair of eyes to come in and show us how to make the process even better.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our customers. We think two brains are better than one so we do most of our work together and often with other departments. Team work makes the dream work on this team.
- You’re not a people person. Though we commonly use Java8 on Linux, we deal with all technology – Linux and Windows; .NET and Java; SQL and noSQL (mongoDB); RabbitMQ and other open source tools and libraries. We love technology and want to work with all of it. If you're wed to a particular shop, you may not like working for us.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar field
- 2+ years of a client facing experience
- Experience in at least one modern language (Linux, Java, Python, C#)
- Ability to learn new things (languages, tools, frameworks) very quickly
- Experience working with databases (SQL and/or noSQL
- Ability to quickly become an expert in our interface
- Financial services background a major plus, but not required