VTC Bridge Technician
This is a technical position within the Information Technology department responsible for the daily operation, coordination, execution, and support of video conferences and other video-enabled meetings in both the Firm's Conference Centers and other video-enabled facilities in the Firm's offices. The VTC Bridge Technician is also responsible for coordinating other resources, both within IT and outside IT, to ensure delivery of world-class video meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute all VTC operations including, but not limited to, connecting all multi-point conference calls, connecting all external videoconference calls, monitoring all videoconference calls utilizing the bridge, pre-testing all external VTC calls, training end users on operation of in-room VTC equipment, maintaining the Firmwide video endpoint directory.
- Act as the centralized VTC network maintenance focal point, receiving and responding to alerts from network VTC systems, conducting troubleshooting, and coordinating with appropriate in-house resources and/or vendors for maintenance and/or support.
- Create and maintain all configurations (both hardware and software) for all VTC networked systems.
- Maintain and update VTC schedule.
- Perform on-site or phone support for hardware and software setups for VTC systems, including providing assistance to Firm clients attempting to connect to Firm video conferences.
- Provide support, as needed, for desktop-based video conferencing, including approved home-based systems for lawyers and senior staff.
- Provide consultation on all aspects of VTC technology.
- Perform regular checks of and preventative maintenance on all VTC equipment and supporting equipment; track and remediate all issues.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on all VTC infrastructure as required.
- Provide best effort assistance to fulfill any audiovisual technical requirements as assigned.
- Maintain understanding of current and new technology.
- Flexible to work overtime, as needed.
- High School diploma or GED
- A minimum of 3 years video conferencing technology experience
- A minimum of 3 years customer service experience
- Experience providing remote technical support in a distributed, international organization
- Event coordination experience
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications with strong knowledge of Cisco Call Manager along with the ability to create and update device profiles
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco TMS, the ability to schedule meetings, test connectivity, monitor connections, troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly
- Experience setting up and configuring Jabber users and new video endpoints along with strong knowledge of Cisco telepresence server and conductor
- Advanced troubleshooting skills with Cisco TAC and other external vendors, as required
- Thorough working knowledge of the operation and troubleshooting of AV and video teleconferencing-related technology
- Strong knowledge and use of IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, TCP/IP, QoS, ISDN, Firewall Traversal, SIP, H.323, IP networks, firewalls, switches and routers
- Understanding of the VTC equipment grouping configurations, including arrangement of audio/video IP (data network) appliances, encoding appliances used to capture video, compressing and delivering video over IP, and placement of secure encryption devices for successful delivery of multiple, simultaneous VTCs to one or more facilities on the installation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook) and Web Conferencing applications (e.g., Live Meeting, WebEx, WebEx CMR)
- Industry relevant training or technical courses
- Certification of Cisco/Tandberg hardware and software to include VCS, VCS-Express, Tandberg Multi Suite (TMS) and Codian MSE 8000 series
- Experience in a Cisco/Tandberg VTC environment
- CTS Certification
- Experience with EMS scheduling system
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Strong customer service skills