Windows Systems Engineer
Location : Kenosha, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Design, plan and implement enterprise-wide system solutions.
- Manage and maintain systems and software.
- Support server software and hardware and related applications and systems.
- Design systems that proactively monitor health and performance of systems and infrastructure.
- Implement tools to provide analytic trend analysis, capacity planning and performance data.
- Assist in standardized design of new and existing processes and policies.
- Document existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives for existing systems.
- Research and recommend emerging technologies to increase cost effectiveness, system ability and future expandability.
- Facilitate, lead and document meetings and discussions.
- Act as a liaison between IT management and remote branches and technicians.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 5+ years experience with HP Proliant servers and managing NAS / SAN technology.
- 5+ years experience with Windows Server 2008 / 2012 and Linux preferred.
- IT certifications such as MCSA or MCSE a plus.
- Knowledge of networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and remote communications.
- Experience supporting Active Directory, PowerShell Scripting, DNS and GPO development.
- Experience with VMware administration.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues using Wireshark and other network analysis tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in high-availability, fast-paced environments.
- Strong customer service focus and experience with end users.